Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear door glass will not return to full up position.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My right rear window glass has started to do some crazy things. When I open the door, the glass will come down the inch or so like it should as it's a frameless window. When the door is closed, the glass will not return to it's full up position.
Now, if I reopen the door, then open my drivers door, and wait about 60 seconds then reclose the rear door, the glass returns to it's full up position.
This has me baffled in that it dosen't seem to be "broken" because I can get it to return, I just have to "wake up" the car by opening the drivers door before it will work corectly. This is something that I can duplicate every time. I'll take it to a service center if I have to, I'm just wondering if there is a procedure or reset that can get it functioning the way it should.

Try the reset procedure first. If it doesn't work, it may be the window regulator.

A while back, my driver side front window used to keep going down and not come back up whenever I opened the door. I could still close it manually via the switch. I tried the reset procedure and it didn't work so Tesla ended up replacing the regulator under warranty.