Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rear door paint damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you with rear door paint damage, would you recommend the Tesla rear door PPF or the abstract ocean PPF?

The Tesla protection extends further up on the door, significantly above the door crease whereas the abstract ocean only goes up to just a hair above the crease in the door. The abstract ocean film looks like it extends significantly further towards the front of the car... with the damage you have suffered what film would have protected you better?

Thanks,

Keith

Posted on a couple other threads on PPF as well. Both of these look like they'd help. I put the Tesla PPF on and suppose I won't know much until I've been through another Montana winter.

Do you already have damage on your rear doors?

I am asking if for the people who have had door paint damage, in addition to the main damage on the humped out part of the door is there damage towards the middle bottom (makes me want abstract ocean door PPF) or do you have damage above the door crease at the back edge of the door (makes me want Tesla door PPF).... if you have damage both places I am out of luck :)

Keith

Do you already have damage on your rear doors?

I am asking if for the people who have had door paint damage, in addition to the main damage on the humped out part of the door is there damage towards the middle bottom (makes me want abstract ocean door PPF) or do you have damage above the door crease at the back edge of the door (makes me want Tesla door PPF).... if you have damage both places I am out of luck :)

Keith
Looks like most of my dings are at the lower edge of the door...below the crease, which kind of fades out there anyway. Hopefully the combo of the RPM mud flaps and Tesla's PPF will keep future dings to a minimum. Montana is notorious for "sanding" roads in our winters...sand being a generous characterization.

Looks like most of my dings are at the lower edge of the door...below the crease, which kind of fades out there anyway. Hopefully the combo of the RPM mud flaps and Tesla's PPF will keep future dings to a minimum. Montana is notorious for "sanding" roads in our winters...sand being a generous characterization.
So the abstract ocean would be a better choice based on your damage location.

Thanks,

Keith

I have damage almost half way up the door. Obviously it’s worse at the bottom but if I were to do it again I would do the full rear door ppf. It’s not like I can blame the crappy Tesla paint either because the worst door is the one I had painted because of a huge fish eye bubble. The lower plastic rocker needs a tiny little wing sticking out from it the full length of the rocker to try and act like a long mud flap and direct debris away from the car.