TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear door unlocking from the inside

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Merrill, May 15, 2014.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Can someone tell me if the rear door are not suppose to open unless car is in park. We have had several people unable to open the rear door to get out when the car is in drive. The child locks are off, I have not experimented yet but assume it is a safety issue.

2. shark

shark Member

Noticed that for the first time today as well after more than a year with the car as my husband got in the back with our son and was trying to get out before I put it in 'park'!

3. russman

russman Member

I believe you have to pull the door handle twice.

4. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Rear doors. I can't even get out of my passenger door unless the car is in park. My child locks are also off. I don't mind it though. I have kids and their friends in the car.

5. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Isn't this just a side effect of the drive-away lock feature? It's the same on my Audi. The car locks the doors when you pull away, and if you stop without going into park they remain locked. The first pull of the handle unlocks the door and the second pull opens it.

6. markb1

markb1 Active Member

You mean the front passenger door? I've definitely had people open the front passenger door before the car was in park.

7. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

+1

every morning I drop someone off and they get out the front passenger door while I am in drive pressing on the brake.

8. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Do you have the drive-away lock enabled? If you don't then you won't experience this issue.