Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
teslamodel3rear-marked.0.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-Carrera-4S-rear-view.jpg

I really like the car overall, and the controversial front end. The back however I find boring. I find the headlights, although they flow with the trunk lines, give a strange look as they are not straight. I also prefer narrow tai lights like most of Porsches recent designs. The thick tai lights just seem disproportionate. And inelegant. Overall, however big thumbs up.

Overall, I like it. The taillights could be better, I agree. I don't really like the inner half with its partial outline (nothing on the bottom edge). However, I also don't like the trend of small, but super bright taillights. Very annoying to be behind such a vehicle at night at a stop light.

Overall, I like it. The taillights could be better, I agree. I don't really like the inner half with its partial outline (nothing on the bottom edge). However, I also don't like the trend of small, but super bright taillights. Very annoying to be behind such a vehicle at night at a stop light.
Indeed the tail lights look a lot more like this than I'd prefer:
tail-civic.jpg

I am not overly thrilled with the small traditional trunk on the Model 3. I wonder if at some later date, Tesla will make a hatchback version much like the Model S or perhaps even more utilitarian such as a hatch wagon. I guess they had to make a traditional trunk due to the large Pano roof glass.

I am not overly thrilled with the small traditional trunk on the Model 3. I wonder if at some later date, Tesla will make a hatchback version much like the Model S or perhaps even more utilitarian such as a hatch wagon. I guess they had to make a traditional trunk due to the large Pano roof glass.

The Model3 won't be a hatchback, but he believes they can increase the opening size (tweet)
  • Q: "The trunk opening on the model 3 now is rather very small, any chance of increasing its size?"
  • EM: "won't be a hatchback, but we should be able to increase the opening width and height

Agree but at least Elon seems to indicate there will be some change to the small trunk. A hatchback version will be a nice addition.

Yes, because it looks good AND fits in the line with S and X which is great...:)

And... I also need some arguments to ultimately convince my wife that we need a Y, a pickup AND the roadster built on this platform as well...:D I mean, what if this were to be the perfect car.... no more dreams left?:rolleyes:

But seriously, I am very happy with how well the car looks already, and I am sure there will be small tweaks to make it look better...:cool:

Tons of comments on the Model 3's front end. But what about its butt?... Isn't that a bit bland-looking? Don't you want other road users to realize what was whizzing by in a fraction of a second?

back-tesla-model-3_grande.JPG
I would instantly recognize that as a Tesla ... Model ???

The tail lights are the same, are they not, of those of the S?

What really irks me is that all three different models, S, X, and 3 use different headlight LED patterns.
When a Model S approaches me, I instantly recognize the LED's.
Hat was their "trademark" and it's gone.