Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this was touched upon. In essence a car needs the taillights visible at all times. So if you pull over on a dark highway and pop the trunk, you need something glowing, hence the smal lower l lights pictured on the Audi. \it does seem Tesla was relcutant to extend the lights onto the trunk itself for possibly ease of building or decrease risk of damaging reasons?

Why not make the rear lights part of the trunk door to provide more access?

audi_q5_rear_chrome_trunk_hatch_lid_trim_before.jpg

I for one really like the aesthetics of continuous lights across the rear.
Lincoln-MKC-Concept-3.jpg

tumblr_nm0gnbTpTR1qd982ro4_1280.jpg

Hmmmm - having gawped at the rear end a bit more, some thoughts...........

Generally nice but I think the lights could be more 'adventurous'/cool/detailed. Currently looks Tesla-esque but room for improvement - don't think these are the final lights. Anyone think they are 'perfect'?

I'd like the rear deck raised a tad to ease use and increase space. It also looks nicer in side view but does make the rear view even more bulky (and heaven forbid it starts to look like gawky BMW GTs....)

But both these issues would be alleviated by adding a decent diffuser and 'swept-up' shape on the underside - somewhat like the Porsche Mission. Might as well capitalize on the EV advantages....................and improve downforce and looks!

Or better still the underside from the Furtive e-GT ...............Can someone photoshop this underside valance onto the Tesla Mosel 3 rear end?
exagon-furtive-egt-4.jpg

Last edited:
Yes... echoing the three others calling for AMBER TURN SIGNALS out back. It beans me that so many automakers have done away with them. I'd like to not have to buy European-spec lamps for a third car in a row.

The tail lamps don't offend me otherwise, but I do think they could be a bit more futuristic to match the headlamps and the rest of the car. I like Dodge's racetrack tail lamps, and I like Porsche's current style, too- so I can be easily pleased.

What I would love to see is dual-stage running lamps and turn signals in the front, where the white LED running lamps also function as the turn signals. Such a sharp look...