Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended in car wash mode

Since it's getting cold I decided to get my car washed at an automated wash. I had the car in neutral and set car wash mode. The car started moving through the wash but about 1/3 through it felt like it jumped out of the track. A few seconds later it started moving again. Then about 1/2 way through it happened again but didn't move. After about 10 sec I was rear ended by a Jeep.

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
Since it's getting cold I decided to get my car washed at an automated wash. I had the car in neutral and set car wash mode. The car started moving through the wash but about 1/3 through it felt like it jumped out of the track. A few seconds later it started moving again. Then about 1/2 way through it happened again but didn't move. After about 10 sec I was rear ended by a Jeep.

Sounds like a problem with the track that feeds the car through the wash. What did management have to say about it?

ArtK

Jun 1, 2020
NYS
Mine, while in car wash mode, did the very same thing on two occasions (but did not get slammed). When I simply went through in Neutral with the mirrors retracted, it was always fine. I am suspicious of car wash mode.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC