Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended in car wash mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since it's getting cold I decided to get my car washed at an automated wash. I had the car in neutral and set car wash mode. The car started moving through the wash but about 1/3 through it felt like it jumped out of the track. A few seconds later it started moving again. Then about 1/2 way through it happened again but didn't move. After about 10 sec I was rear ended by a Jeep.

Since it's getting cold I decided to get my car washed at an automated wash. I had the car in neutral and set car wash mode. The car started moving through the wash but about 1/3 through it felt like it jumped out of the track. A few seconds later it started moving again. Then about 1/2 way through it happened again but didn't move. After about 10 sec I was rear ended by a Jeep.

Sounds like a problem with the track that feeds the car through the wash. What did management have to say about it?

Mine, while in car wash mode, did the very same thing on two occasions (but did not get slammed). When I simply went through in Neutral with the mirrors retracted, it was always fine. I am suspicious of car wash mode.

Thank you for sharing your experience, sorry that happened to you!