Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended M3 [is this totaled?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was rear ended by a truck last night. Badly damaged back, but came out with no injuries. What are the chances that insurance will deem total loss. Did see that internal frame in rear appears to be heavily bent.

67CF27A1-4003-4AE7-B9A1-668C4688626C.jpeg
606DD519-9777-475C-B556-FF1D6667E12C.jpeg
973806CC-8E79-4B91-B674-2ED0701EDC97.jpeg
1308091E-831F-43DA-859A-66310E911E18.jpeg

If i had to guess i would probably bet it is totaled with the rear you would need from what i see (just a guess) the bumper, trunk well, trunk lid, trunk shelf, bumper support, (likely frame damage back there too i have seen less damage be totaled but is up to the insurance companies) Front bumper right head light, all rear lights, front right quarter panel, probably the tire too.

as Silicon said hope it is and go after the trucking company for what you can get and then get new one.

Looks totaled to me. Used cars are not worth what they were a year ago, so if more than 3 years old it’s totaled for sure. But if not $14k won’t pay for even half the repair. Will be interesting to find out.
They are just memeing given it's unlikely people can tell how much damage there is just looking at a few external pictures. Even estimators that look at the car in person can get it wrong. I would say it depends on if the rear quarters are damaged and if rear subframe is damaged. Then comes the part of how much the insurance company values the car (which also people can't tell).

All really helpful tips! Waiting on insurance response. The insurance adjuster that I was assigned too didn’t respond to my email and calls so may have to call general number to inquire further.

As for the accident itself. Yes, direct hit from behind, and pushed my car toward the car in front of me. Both sides on the front were damaged by car in front of me so it was a 3 car collision.

since it was very obvious it was truck driver’s fault, going to inquire about diminished value compensation