Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear-ended, service center recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

My first ever accident, I gotten rear-ended on my 4 months old M3 yesterday on the I90 in bumper-to-bumper traffic :(. Luckily all of us are safe and escaped it with only the rear bumper scuffed and some paint damage. Upon calling the police, they said they dont write reports for such events and we just had to exchange our insurance information. He gave me his insurance card but denied giving out his ID and just drove away instead of pulling over - which was frustrating. I called his insurance and filed a report and is still to hear from them. For folks with prior such experiences, is there anything I have to watch out for in-terms of handling with the insurance company ?

I would have to get my read bumper inspected and repaired. I see that there are 4 SC's around here: Watertown, Dedham, Norwell and Peabody. I have heard mixed reviews of customer service experience at these centers, was hoping if folks around here would recommended one more than the other ? How much do they typically charge for damage's like this ? Would I need a full bumper replacement ?

Attachments

• IMG_6434.jpg
    IMG_6434.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 140
The Tesla Service centers do not do body work. They can replace the bumper with a pre-painted bumper.

I got rear ended last month. The Peabody Service Center replaced the bumper. The cost of the replacement was just over $1000. The time to replace the bumper was about 3 hours. They did it while I waited.

The other option is to have the bumper repaired by a body shop. Depending on the amount of damage a body shop may be cheaper.

Reactions: pufl
I would contact your insurance agent/company and ask for advice. In MA I always went through my company and let them collect from the at fault party. The other drivers insurance has zero motivation to work with you, and every motivation to delay and deny. If you have optional "waiver of deductible" coverage, it won't cost you a dime to collect from your insurance when there is another party at fault; if you don't have it, you will have to pay your deductible up front, but they will refund you once the insurance companies settle.

Also, I'd be highly suspect of someone who won't share their license info. Is it really their car? Did they borrow/steal it? I wouldn't be surprised if refusing to show your license at an accident is illegal (especially in MA).

Reactions: Farmer
My 2014 MS has been in the body shop a couple of times and was always extremely frustrating...until last year when someone drove into my passenger side door. My insurance adjuster recommended "Today's Collision Repair Centers". They are a Tesla Certified shop. Totally different experience, quick, professional and super easy to deal with. They have a couple of shops, I go to their Danvers site but I think they have another in Malden or Medford.

Today's Collision Express
151 Andover St.
Danvers, MA 01923
978.624.7911 - phone
978.972.5912 - fax

my$0.02.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I don't see a lot of recent posts on service center comparisons. I heard bad things about Dedham, but now have my first-ever appointment scheduled there (MCU2). I think I've heard more positive things about Peabody, which is roughly the same distance from me - 40 min. Is it worth changing service centers? The Peabody one would require waiting an extra 3 weeks or so. Which makes me wonder if other folks are avoiding the service centers with less positive reputations?