Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended today. 3-4 month wait - parts not available.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got back from Tesla's Elk Grove's body shop. It was kinda far, but I wanted to see for myself what's going on over there.

Elon should visit there.

I just wanted to give that woman a hug and try and console her but I didn't...……..

I just emailed Elon himself about this...which is one of the few things I can do....not that he is ever going to read it......

Geez...... people of TMC....what can we do?

I'm so sorry for all this repair hell. You did what I was going to suggest-- contact Elon-- FWIW.. but nothing to lose at this point. Also, not a goal of mine to bring bad press to Tesla, BUT sometimes the media can help by magnifing and amplifying concerns and then maybe someone at the top will hear your/ our pleas.
I drive like a danged paranoid person now- keeping a huge bubble around me just because of all this. This has to get better.
Btw, next time --hug the lady. You'll both feel better. I'm sending a TMC virtual hug to you right now.
Hang in there. If you come to NC you can drive my 3 any day.

I'm so sorry for all this repair hell. You did what I was going to suggest-- contact Elon-- FWIW.. but nothing to lose at this point. Also, not a goal of mine to bring bad press to Tesla, BUT sometimes the media can help by magnifing and amplifying concerns and then maybe someone at the top will hear your/ our pleas.
I drive like a danged paranoid person now- keeping a huge bubble around me just because of all this. This has to get better.
Btw, next time --hug the lady. You'll both feel better. I'm sending a TMC virtual hug to you right now.
Hang in there. If you come to NC you can drive my 3 any day.

Thanks @Runnergirl

That was so kind.

I scheduled service very early this week due to a cracked rear glass and a cosmetic issue on the rear bumper (2 weeks old car, crack developed, rear bumper issue came with the car).

Now I just got this:
-------------------
For your upcoming service visit on the 11th for your Model 3, we have parts on order for the vehicle that have not arrived to the service center. When parts arrive, you will be contacted to schedule service appointment. We will cancel the service visit for the 11th . We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

FIXING ALL THE CARS.
--------------------

:mad:

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
they can make more selling whole cars- which appears to be where most of the parts are going.
Tesla produced half the Model S/X in Q1 relative to Q4. Are parts now readily available?
I’ve always been skeptical of this theory. My theory is that they’re trying to save money by having zero inventory. The demand for parts is almost completely inelastic. What does it matter if you sell the part now or four weeks from now? Keeping inventory is more expensive.

Last edited: