Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended today at a stop light by a stupid driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sorry to hear Rick. Happy it appears no one was hurt.

Remember to ensure your insurance files a diminished value claim to recover the value delta for resale amounts. No insurance carrier does this by default though they all build this into the premium costs... think of it as payback to their insurance carrier for defaulting to wasting your time vs. making it easy? ;)

Dash cam?? Subpoena her cell phone records??

Regrettably my dash cam was off. But I did think of a subpoena for her cell phone records.

So sorry to hear Rick. Happy it appears no one was hurt.

Remember to ensure your insurance files a diminished value claim to recover the value delta for resale amounts. No insurance carrier does this by default though they all build this into the premium costs... think of it as payback to their insurance carrier for defaulting to wasting your time vs. making it easy? ;)

Thanks for the tip. I'll call USAA about that.

USAA won't help with the DV claim, and state farm won't either until you threaten to sue their insured. I recommend a good DV appraisal.

I had the same, my insurance was USAA, other dude's was state farm.

Got 10k for DV, but i had a qp replaced, so a little more major than yours.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
So I called USAA and they took care of it. They'll send an estimator to the shop I prefer, arrange a rental car, pay for the repair costs, and then bill State Farm for it all.
Need to do this with my insurance. Just don't want my rates to go up. Mercury (other persons insurance) has been terrible. Will hopefully use my insurance to total it. Check for updates on my thread link in sig.
Good luck!
Zack

That sucks. My car was side swiped two weeks ago and the guilty party has state farm. SDR is going to handle my repairs and retrofitting me with the new tesla front as well. State Farm has been ok so far but after your words i might be getting a little worried.

I did ask her how she could be so stupid:). Then I said "this is going to cost you dearly." But when she handed me her insurance card her hands were shaking horribly and then I felt bad. Maybe I was a bit too hard on her.

So sorry, Rick! I'd loose my *sugar* if that happened to me.

You were definitely out of line, and anyone who would "lose their s***" at such a time needs to evaluate their emotional maturity and what unresolved issues would lead to such outbursts. Unfortunately, both are common.

It's an accident. It's not personal. The other driver was not intentionally trying to harm you or your vehicle. The other driver may have been negligent, even to a criminal extent, but that is no cause for yelling, insulting, and/or otherwise losing control of your emotional presence. It does nothing to advance the resolution of the situation and only demonstrates that you have as little control of your emotions as the other driver had of their vehicle.

Thank you for the projection of how you losing your S is compared to people you don't even know.

I never said I would "lose control of my emotional presence" (btw, pretentious much?)... for me "losing my S" is an internal struggle. I most likely would strive to get the actual event and interaction over with as calmly and quickly as possible and get on my way, and then later, totally lose it by venting to my friends, family, and TMC.

At least you weren't pushed into the car in front of you. Bastard "sneezed" his Ford Focus into my S and pushed me into the back of a chevy traverse.

4 months and $24k of work to fix. Search my username. "Black beauty damaged" post. Pics, dashcam of the impact and lost of screenshots of estimates and cost.

I cringe every time I see a dented tesla