Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
Wife got hit in our model three while waiting for light to go green Friday the 15th (February). Mid april just for the repair shop appointment to see the car. It's hopefully just superficial damage to the rear bumper, but still gripes me, only 2700 +- miles on the odometer...Could have been way worse though...
Going to have to review the steps to get the camera recording/working...

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
Sorry to hear. Hope no one was hurt. Unless you already have the new software update, I don't believe the rear camera would have recorded onto the USB drive.

My M3 was hit while parked with less than 700 miles. Had to repair the quarter panel and the rear bumper and spent almost a month in the shop.

Worst thing is getting accident record into the car history.
Insurance will cover repair, but market price is already down by couple $K.
understood, just trying to deal with that along with the long wait times just to get in and get the car fixed. Started off dealing with the other parties insurrance, that was a waste, when I mentioned reduced value, they didn't want to seem to understand what I was saying, bailed and sent this to my current insurrer, they can deal with the responsible parties insurance. Wanting to glean the other experiences via this forum on ways to proceed. The question on the camera is with the understanding that it would only be for anything future...Not to hopefull with all the distracted drivers out there...

Trevor B

Apr 2, 2016
USA
Sorry to hear. Hope no one was hurt. Unless you already have the new software update, I don't believe the rear camera would have recorded onto the USB drive.

My M3 was hit while parked with less than 700 miles. Had to repair the quarter panel and the rear bumper and spent almost a month in the shop.

Does Sentry mode enable recording from the rear camera? Thought it was just the ones on the side/front.

understood, just trying to deal with that along with the long wait times just to get in and get the car fixed. Started off dealing with the other parties insurrance, that was a waste, when I mentioned reduced value, they didn't want to seem to understand what I was saying, bailed and sent this to my current insurrer, they can deal with the responsible parties insurance. Wanting to glean the other experiences via this forum on ways to proceed. The question on the camera is with the understanding that it would only be for anything future...Not to hopefull with all the distracted drivers out there...
I'm with you, had similar situations before.
I do Allstate for insurance, with collision coverage - never had to deal with the other party's agent. Just called my one and got it fixed.

The good news is that they've accepted responsibility for the accident and have the accident corroborated via a text the other party sent inquiring as to my wife's condition. Bad news is that wife's had cervical spinal fusion c3-c7, that was over a year ago, but this was no walk in the park operation to get through, certainly aren't enamored of the possibility of more of that trauma...

What is that new software #, if I may ask?

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Some culprits would accuse victim reversing the car and hit the culprit.
Yes, you can tell a lot from the front (or any) camera in the car. Which car was in motion, which direction, frames jump on impact, color of light if at traffic light, did something run across the road, etc.

Rear camera might be able to tell they were not looking, but difficult with wide angle.

Reactions: Tam

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
Impaired value is the term to use. If they feign not understanding, they are BSing you.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC