Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Entertainment Console - Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla California already designed it. That is a Tesla made prototype of a rear seat center console armrest-lid-storage-cup-holder design, in matching leather, in the photos.
Enough people simply need to convince Tesla Gear & Accessories Marketing to make it.

The obsession is not necessarily the cup holder, but the leather and carpeting that needs protection. The cup holder can also hold phones and small loose items while moving about.
And let's not forget, sitting in the back seat for a long trip with no arm rest, or a storage compartment for stuff, is less than regal. Two kids could play a magnetic board game etc.

What is this obsession with cup holders? How thirsty can you get?
In the US, cupholders for each occupant of road vehicles and aircraft are mandatory by law, to cater for the fast food industry and the drive-through eating culture. You even go to the bank via a drive-up window, and do your business with the car engine idling away.In Hong Kong, where a trip is seldom more than one hour and drive-up restaurants are non-existent (to my knowledge), we don't see cup holders as essential safety equipment. My cup holder is used to keep RFID chip for charging, USB stick for music, key fob and such things.I am surprised that my American made car doesn't have the "OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR" disclaimer, quite nice that they kept that away from export cars. Instead, they should have had a placard saying "objects the the left of the car are closer than they appear"