TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Rear-Facing Carseat Recommendations

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by poppy814, Dec 8, 2015.

1. poppy814

poppy814 New Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Baltimore, MD

My husband and I just took delivery of our Model S. While there are so many things to love about the car, trying to maneuver our 1-year old into her car seat through the narrow door opening, is not one of them :)

We currently have a Chicco NextFit (NextFit Zip Convertible Car Seat | Chicco USA) which I think might be a bit deeper than most.

Does anyone have any recommendations for rear-facing carseats?

2. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    #2 Gizmotoy, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Just one child? We were soo impressed with the fit of the Clek Fllo in the Model S. In the center position it fits right between the front seats, so both driver and passenger have lots of room. This is especially great news for our family's tall guy (me).

In the back, the rear seats on either side of the car seat are 100% usable for your average sized adult. For example, the entirety of the carseat fits between the center seat belts, so it doesn't encroach into the room dedicated for the other rear passengers.

We frequently have family in town and fill the car up: four adults, our 15 month old in the Fllo, and a trunk full of baby gear. Really fantastic. Some images in this thread, which I just now realized I promised more photos for but never delivered:
    Clek Foonf child seat

Edit: I forgot the bad news :frown:. Clek's model line is revving the first week or two of January for their 2016 models. If you can wait a few weeks, they're getting better seatbelt lockouts, more padding, and better shoulder pads. All of which I would agree are weaknesses of the 2015 model. Clek has stated all 2016 features can be retrofitted into a 2015 model (at additional cost, obviously) if you're desperate.
  3. strider

strider Active Member

Oct 20, 2010
    NE Oklahoma
    We are big fans of the Recaro ProRIDE RECARO ProRIDE . Fits great in our Model S and it's on its second kid and wearing very well. Our son used it rear and forward facing and then moved up to the Performance Sport Performance SPORT . Our daughter used it rear-facing and now forward facing (she's ~2 1/2). And they're made in America :)

Here they are in the back seat in the middle and driver's positions. DJSeats.jpeg