Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear-facing convertible car seats for twins in 6 seater MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, parent of 1 year old twins here looking for recommendations on rear-facing convertible car seats to put in the second row of a 6 seater model X. Does anyone have any experience with brands that will 1) allow access to the 3rd row, even with both 2nd row captain's chairs filled with rear-facing convertible car seats, and 2) leave enough leg room in the front row for a 6 foot tall driver? I've looked through the old threads but haven't found any recent ones with suggestions for current models of car seats that are still being sold. Thanks for your help!

Never heard about that, but I do see model S the third row has rear facing kids seats.

It’s actually a good idea for Tesla to think about upgrade MX second row captain sears to be that way. Then that would be my ideal captain seats!

We had the same issue with our minivan when our twins (kid #3 and #4) were born. All 4 were in car seats, but the rear-facing twins' seats made getting to the 3rd row for the others virtually impossible. What we did was have kid #3 in the captain's chair behind the driver and kid #4 in the 3rd row. Since they were rear-facing, we found it easier to open the rear gate of the minivan and place kid #4 into his seat from the cargo area and buckle him that way. I'm not sure if the 3rd-row headrests of the Model X provide a large enough gap or not, but it might be something worth considering.

Have an S, not X, so here’s my 1 cent.

we have tested both Graco 4ever-in-1 and Nuna RAVA in rear facing configuration and they both fit fine. I am right at 6’ tall and both can fit behind me.

however, I would guess that you would not have space between the rear facing child seat and front seats to access the third row. My guess is that the 2nd row will need to be moved back to its most rear position to fit the child seat, and the child seat (in rear facing) would be too big to move the captain seat forward for 3rd row access.

I also think that the third row is too small to fit any kind of rear facing convertible or infant carrier. Not sure I’ve ever seen evidence of that working, but sounds like @gt5717b has done this successfully? Edit: never mind, I see this was referring to a minivan, not model x

think you’re going to be squeezed with 2 rear facing car seats but maybe possible.

I saw videos online of how huge the diono seats are in rear facing configuration which steered us away from that brand

Hi, parent of 1 year old twins here looking for recommendations on rear-facing convertible car seats to put in the second row of a 6 seater model X. Does anyone have any experience with brands that will 1) allow access to the 3rd row, even with both 2nd row captain's chairs filled with rear-facing convertible car seats, and 2) leave enough leg room in the front row for a 6 foot tall driver? I've looked through the old threads but haven't found any recent ones with suggestions for current models of car seats that are still being sold. Thanks for your help!

Take a look at the Chico Nextfit Zips. We used them without any issues. 5’10 passenger / 5’11 driver. When they get older, the Chicco Myfits are great (kids are 99% and 90% in height). We use our third row with adults quite frequently albeit shorter adults (5’4ish)

There’s a thread on where where I posted pictures and possibly measurements.