Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REAR FACING ONLY child seats in M3- which ones have you used if you're over 6' tall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front facing seats for newborns is extremely dangerous.

Look into putting a more narrow seat into the middle position. All child seats work well with a seatbelt.

At about 3 minutes in you'll see what I'm taking about.
We aren't looking for a forward facing seat - as the post said, we are looking for rear facing only, and looking for specific seat recommendations. I did see your video and the rear facing seat you've used does not appear to be a good model for newborns which needs lots of recline so their head does not drop forward. If you have any specific recommendations that fit the OP criteria, I'd love to know, thanks.

Get a minivan. Or at least a MY or MX. I had 2, a Plymouth Voyager and a Honda Odyssey. The Odyssey was much better but also a higher trim level so maybe that was all it was. I had the Odyssey until all 3 of my kids were out of college! Just remember, you'll be hauling kids stuff around until they graduate.

As for child seats, see above, I haven't needed them for quite some time so I have no idea.

Get a minivan. Or at least a MY or MX. I had 2, a Plymouth Voyager and a Honda Odyssey. The Odyssey was much better but also a higher trim level so maybe that was all it was. I had the Odyssey until all 3 of my kids were out of college! Just remember, you'll be hauling kids stuff around until they graduate.

As for child seats, see above, I haven't needed them for quite some time so I have no idea.
I wasn't asking for an opinion on what kind of car to buy, thanks. You gotta read peoples whole post before responding to save everyone time.

I wasn't asking for an opinion on what kind of car to buy, thanks. You gotta read peoples whole post before responding to save everyone time.
Yes, I read your entire post. After having 3 kids I can tell you a M3 will not be a good car to have with them. Maybe you'll only have one and you can do it, but also see about hauling their stuff around forever. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are no longer free. And you say you are tall, I'm not and I find the M3 small but not tiny.

I had an Accord when we had our first in 1993 and it was OK, but 2&3 came together. We found out we were having twins on July 3rd and we bought our minivan on July 5th. One twin is on her 3rd car, the other still doesn't have a license. I waited 25 years to get something small again. We named our 2nd minivan Ozzie the Odyssey, but mostly we called it the effing minivan at the end.

And chill. We are only trying to help and make a little light of it. I get that the car is your first baby and you want it to work, but trust me it'll be tight. Seriously, consider upgrading to the MY if you can.

I have twins, whom I drove rear-facing until the age of 3.
The seats are Britax Marathon and Combi Coccoro. the latter is a good choice for a newborn, gives better access than specialized infant seats because of the seatbelt path.
I'm 182 cm tall, for marathon to fit behind me I had to raise my seat and have less recline than I usually do, still comfortable. Combi needed no adjustment,

We have a Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat. Fits in the car well and isn't an infant seat. Used it since the little guy was born in M3LR. I'm 5 10" and have no issues. May be slightly tight at 6 foot but just about any car seat will.

I am 6'2", I have a 16-month-old and have him sitting on the passenger side. We drive 3 hours a day. I would be able to have him behind me, but I wouldn't be as comfortable. I also wouldn't be able to interact with him at stop lights, and hand him stuff.

I started out with an infant car seat with the carrier that locked in but we got into a car accident (with him in the car). After any accident, you have to replace the seat, so I went ahead and go the 3-in-1, so it will grow with him.

I know you are against it, but the carrier style makes it much easier to strap the baby in. You strap the baby in while the carrier is on the stroller, then all you have to do is move the carrier into the car base. If you go right to what I have now, you have to load them into the car and make sure you properly strap them in all while bending low and leaning into the car. My back hurts every day when I do this with my 16-month-old.

If I had the extra money to spend, I would have gotten a Y, so at least he would be higher up. My wife is on the shorter side, and drives an A4, we do have a 3rd vehicle, I have a full-sized Ram pickup truck. I can't drive that daily as the gas prices would actually pay for the Model 3. I may actually replace the A4 (it's a 2008) with a Y and give my wife the 3 just so I don't have to keep straining my back to load and unload him.

This is what I have now for my son:
Graco Milestone 3 in 1 Car Seat