Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

REAR FACING ONLY child seats in M3- which ones have you used if you're over 6' tall?

Front facing seats for newborns is extremely dangerous.

Look into putting a more narrow seat into the middle position. All child seats work well with a seatbelt.

At about 3 minutes in you'll see what I'm taking about.
We aren't looking for a forward facing seat - as the post said, we are looking for rear facing only, and looking for specific seat recommendations. I did see your video and the rear facing seat you've used does not appear to be a good model for newborns which needs lots of recline so their head does not drop forward. If you have any specific recommendations that fit the OP criteria, I'd love to know, thanks.

Get a minivan. Or at least a MY or MX. I had 2, a Plymouth Voyager and a Honda Odyssey. The Odyssey was much better but also a higher trim level so maybe that was all it was. I had the Odyssey until all 3 of my kids were out of college! Just remember, you'll be hauling kids stuff around until they graduate.

As for child seats, see above, I haven't needed them for quite some time so I have no idea.

Get a minivan. Or at least a MY or MX. I had 2, a Plymouth Voyager and a Honda Odyssey. The Odyssey was much better but also a higher trim level so maybe that was all it was. I had the Odyssey until all 3 of my kids were out of college! Just remember, you'll be hauling kids stuff around until they graduate.

As for child seats, see above, I haven't needed them for quite some time so I have no idea.
I wasn't asking for an opinion on what kind of car to buy, thanks. You gotta read peoples whole post before responding to save everyone time.

I wasn't asking for an opinion on what kind of car to buy, thanks. You gotta read peoples whole post before responding to save everyone time.
Yes, I read your entire post. After having 3 kids I can tell you a M3 will not be a good car to have with them. Maybe you'll only have one and you can do it, but also see about hauling their stuff around forever. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are no longer free. And you say you are tall, I'm not and I find the M3 small but not tiny.

I had an Accord when we had our first in 1993 and it was OK, but 2&3 came together. We found out we were having twins on July 3rd and we bought our minivan on July 5th. One twin is on her 3rd car, the other still doesn't have a license. I waited 25 years to get something small again. We named our 2nd minivan Ozzie the Odyssey, but mostly we called it the effing minivan at the end.

And chill. We are only trying to help and make a little light of it. I get that the car is your first baby and you want it to work, but trust me it'll be tight. Seriously, consider upgrading to the MY if you can.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC