Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear facing seats increased price, now $4000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are prices continuing to increase across the board?! The S should be improving in price with continued production not the opposite! Removal of the white color choice, autopilot $ increase, price hiked RFS, removal of coil suspension on the X. What is going on?? Maybe they want to increase the price gap between the S/X and the 3?

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam
I had to go back and double check how much I paid 12/14 for mine. $2500. Was there an intermediate price hike between then and now?
There was no intermediate price. It went from $2500 to $4000. Crazy. I've been holding off on ordering until autopilot 2.0 hardware. I really want the RFS to. But now I'm worried that something else will increase in price by the time I order.

In general the model S seems to have steadily increased in price over the years.

They looked nicer when they were $1500 too - bits of faux leather on wear areas where they're all cloth now.
Viewed another way, perhaps this is a way of discouraging their adoption? Limit liability for a niche option?

Maybe it's due to decreased volume, meaning they get less of a discount on parts purchases. When I visited the showroom they only had one loaner Model S out in the parking lot that had the jump seats. If it had gotten loaned out then they wouldn't even be able to demo them to anybody.

As for the faux leather I think there were some complaints about those parts getting hot in the sun especially when the rear sunshade is not installed.

Option prices have often fluctuated ever since the model S was releases. Nothing really new here.

Those who ordered the option earlier got the better deal, and perhaps gained some additional resale value.

It would not be out of line for Tesla to offer additional functionallity with the increased price, such as better ventiliation etc.

Might find out something at the presentation next week.