Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REAR FOG Lamps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Resurrecting an old thread: is it possible to adapt a US spec model to use the Euro spec rear fog lamp housing? If so, what would activate the rear fog - would it come on with the front fog lights?

I really miss having two proper rear fog lights (as in my Audi), with dedicated rear fog switch, for all the driving I do in heavy snow and fog conditions.

Reactions: KenC
Resurrecting an old thread: is it possible to adapt a US spec model to use the Euro spec rear fog lamp housing? If so, what would activate the rear fog - would it come on with the front fog lights?
The whole electrical circuit is software controlled, to suppress fuses, so you have to be carefull if you want to tap any additional light.
See some threads dealing with installing a trailer plug, such as Installed a hitch and wiring harness on my M3

One solution that I would considere could be to replace the rear reflctors with custom LED, that in general is used as additional braking lights.
Having the rear fog light at the same hight as the front fog lights, would be even a better design than using the reverse light.

The major trouble would be to remove the rear bumper.

2PCS-LED-Rear-Bumper-Light-For-Tesla-Model-3-S-X .jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: pnwadventures
The whole electrical circuit is software controlled, to suppress fuses, so you have to be carefull if you want to tap any additional light.
See some threads dealing with installing a trailer plug, such as Installed a hitch and wiring harness on my M3

One solution that I would considere could be to replace the rear reflctors with custom LED, that in general is used as additional braking lights.
Having the rear fog light at the same hight as the front fog lights, would be even a better design than using the reverse light.

The major trouble would be to remove the rear bumper.

View attachment 744263
This is a really intriguing option. Anyone here with firsthand experience doing this? I’d like to compare notes.

I really miss having two proper rear fog lights (as in my Audi), with dedicated rear fog switch, for all the driving I do in heavy snow and fog conditions.

if its any consolidation - front fog lights dont contribute much anymore and arent really needed. And tbh rear foglights are ok but the newer LED rear lights are much easier to see in fog and rain/snow anyway.