Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Footwell Lights.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They turned out well.

Attachments

• footwell.jpg
    footwell.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 755
Been looking at the rear footwell lights. I have the same exact set up as you with the blue T puddle lights. Watched the install video on AO, but how long did it take you to install? It does look quite easy. I was wondering how bright they are in reality, i don't want anything too bright, just a cool blue vibe. Enjoy tho, they look awesome in the pics

Been looking at the rear footwell lights. I have the same exact set up as you with the blue T puddle lights. Watched the install video on AO, but how long did it take you to install? It does look quite easy. I was wondering how bright they are in reality, i don't want anything too bright, just a cool blue vibe. Enjoy tho, they look awesome in the pics
Took me about 1 hour to do both sides...mostly for wire management under the seat and I am very detail oriented. I feel the brightness is just right, with a nice blue vibe...a nice compliment to my blue model Y

I love mine. They dim with the fronts and makes finding things that my daughter drops so much easier. I was worries about them being too bright in the backseat but they are perfect when in ambient mode.
Being plug and play is a huge plus for me and the wiring is long enough where you don't have to worry about the seat position.

Wow, so they buy these light strips (US $0.63 30% OFF|1pcs 17cm Universal Daytime Running Light Car COB DRL LED Strip Light External Lights Auto Waterproof Car Styling Led DRL Lamp|Signal Lamp| - AliExpress) for less than a dollar, add a splitter that costs about 10 cents, and sell it for $79? And you buy it??
Thanks for the link @aspushkin ... I ordered a set of the red strips to try. $6 total for two including shipping. I already have the AO front footwell lights in red, these should look sweet in the back!

Wow, so they buy these light strips (US $0.63 30% OFF|1pcs 17cm Universal Daytime Running Light Car COB DRL LED Strip Light External Lights Auto Waterproof Car Styling Led DRL Lamp|Signal Lamp| - AliExpress) for less than a dollar, add a splitter that costs about 10 cents, and sell it for $79? And you buy it??
I had the same thought and returned the AO rear footwell lights. When you say splitter, are you just referring to using a T-tap on the front footwell lights? I'm worried that may pull too much voltage if I already have AO replacements in the front.

I have abstract ocean's rear footwell lights and love them. The functionality and appearance is exactly what you would expect from an OEM option.

The functionality is worth the $70. But I agree that there is no more than a few dollars worth of parts. If someone on the forums posted a parts list with evidence it actually looks and works just as well as AO's for one tenth the price I would have gone that route.

But since no one has actually done that(yet) and I was not in the mood to spend way more than $70 worth of my time developing my own solution, I was happy to pay AO's price.

Last edited: