Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Glass Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the front sunshade, but don't really need the rear one since there's rarely anyone in the backseats. Also a bit concerned that it will diminish the already not so great rear view in the Model 3 further.

Hi - can you drive without the roof sunshade falling off ? I saw it says it comes with clips, but wasn't quite sure how they attached.

I have the rear sunshade and like it. I can see out through the rear glass perfectly and it provides privacy from the outside. It clips in securely and I think it looks better than the mid window rear tint. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

Thanks! I was still a bit on the fence about it and was almost hoping for a negative review of it to dismiss it... but now I may have to get one come spring.

I just noticed that there is a rear glass sunshade available on the Tesla shop:

Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade

Hadn't seen it before and assuming it's new as I didn't find any threads regarding it, but interested in opinions if anyone has it already. Thanks!
We have it, and the front sun shade, and
like them alot. Costs less than permanent window tint, and being removable they also fold up and store flat in zippered storage bags in the trunk or frunk. Great utility, and they make the overhead windows look tinted.

24F36A67-F6B0-47B6-9636-DDAB36D8A90C.jpeg
7FBF8497-C984-4134-B06F-285F463AA582.jpeg
30A9DCC2-9EFC-45A4-B47E-88AB7C63B2D0.jpeg
BCD0C3F7-B1D4-4FC5-ACB2-AC81D5CEF65E.jpeg
3BF96E40-AD1C-41BD-8ADF-76B9EFC2DF7F.jpeg
Here are a few pictures, but I think it is more noticeable in the pictures versus driving/in person. It basically seems like the window is tinted.