Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Harness Recall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting my rear harness recall done at a service appointment in early Jan at the North York - Railside Service Centre. Any recent experience on timing / apx how long it takes? (I am hoping to hang out and wait for it).

I have a 2018 M3 LR. I recall that at one of my earlier service visits for something else, they did a "brake check / service". Haven't kept up with the threads on this, but is this something that Tesla is still recommending / people are doing?

Thx in advance.

Getting my rear harness recall done at a service appointment in early Jan at the North York - Railside Service Centre. Any recent experience on timing / apx how long it takes? (I am hoping to hang out and wait for it).

I have a 2018 M3 LR. I recall that at one of my earlier service visits for something else, they did a "brake check / service". Haven't kept up with the threads on this, but is this something that Tesla is still recommending / people are doing?

Thx in advance.
Via text in the App they stated 1 hour for my appointment. When I had it done, it was about 15 minutes and I was back on the road.

Reactions: Birdman325
So had the rear harness replaced last week by Mobile Service for the recall. On my first drive I noticed that my FM radio didn't work and there were no stations. I initially thought maybe he forgot to plug something in, but later the stations came back and it worked fine. Then I noticed FSD beta didn't work and the car started recalibrating the cameras. After a few miles FSD beta was back. So now I'm wondering if the tech pressed the camera calibration button as part of the service, but he never said anything about it. So did removing that rear harness reset the FM radio and require a camera calibration? I'm kind of thinking maybe it does.