Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear hatch speakers

Paul42

Jul 26, 2018
Black Diamond Wa
Please forgive the dumb question, but I might be losing my marbles. Where are the rear hatch speakers located on a UHF Model S (Dec 2019)?

A few nights ago my Wife and I were in the car, generally complaining about the lack of an immersive experience with the sound in our Model S. Shoving the balance all the way to the rear resulted in a very muted / tinny experience, with and without Dolby selected.

I finally opened the rear hatch to put my ear to the rear most speakers, and could not find them. I can definitely hear the base, but cannot hear anything from the rear hatch speakers themselves. My Wife came back, thinking I was nuts, and she can't find any speakers by either sight or sound either. She is convinced we don't have any. We ordered the upgraded package, and have the Sub-Woofer that came with it. So my question, where are the hatch speakers located exactly?

Thanks, Paul

kdday

Oct 29, 2016
AZ
There’s a grille in the hatch (near the glass) where speakers are IF YOU HAVE THEM.

My car does not - but the grille is still there.

Cheburashka

Jan 29, 2018
Los Gatos, CA
There’s a grille in the hatch (near the glass) where speakers are IF YOU HAVE THEM.

My car does not - but the grille is still there.

OP mentioned the dolby option so they should be there.

Unfortunately the rear speakers are broken after a recent software update. There is another thread on this somewhere.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC