Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear hatch trim panel diagram / installation instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I started installation of my BlackVue 750S - 2CH dashcam, leaning heavily on the videos from @DÆrik (Dashcam and Lighted Rear Applique for more wiring info).

I broke several clips (which I expected to do) and successfully fished my video cable to the correct location.

However, I cannot get the rear hatch trip piece (a beast to remove) to seat correctly on re-installation. The primary issue is the lower lip where the grab handles are located on both sides. I can't get the lip to sit far enough toward the hatch so that it does not put pressure on the grab handle pop-outs.

I can take pictures and annotate them, but my request is this: Does anyone have a diagram for installation of the rear hatch trip panel or a walkthrough? Unfortunately @DÆrik didn't have the removal in his video.

Thanks!

When rick/artsci was running the ev appliques business (for the custom lighted rear liftgate applique) and web site, there were very detailed instructions on how to remove and install the large trim piece for the inside liftgate. The link is dead. I know that the web site and business is migrating. Maybe someone else has the link to the directions.