Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear headrest size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered some Coverking neoprene seat covers for my rear seats (2018 S 75D), for protection from kids and dog. The seat covers I received do not fit, my headrests are much larger than what the covers are made for. I'm currently working with the retailer to see if they can send me the correct covers. Just wondering, did the rear headrest size change recently, or do they vary depending on if you have the 3rd row rear facing seats?

FYI, my rear headrests extend about 7 inches above the seat back on the window seats, and 5 inches above the seat back on the middle seat. The seat covers I received allow for about 2 inches of headrest extending above the seat back.

FWIW, here is a pic of my headrests.

IMG_5710.JPG

In the early cars, the rear headrests were small and low - I used to call them "neck breakers", because there was little chance they would protect a rear passenger in a crash.

Starting in 2015, the rear headrests were increased to a functional size. One reason (of multiple) why I did not consider buying a Model S before 2015.

Now, if they'd only fix the damn safety belt (make adjustable on the B-Pillar, so it won't cut into my neck)...