Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear HVAC...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I need some help because I must be missing something...

So I’ve had my gratin and AC set to full and on every combo of options faceonly, foot only, face and foot, windscreen, you name it I’ve tried it with and without someone in the back and basically nothing comes out the rear vents?

I know it only comes on when ppl in the back but how many people do I need back there?

Must be something wrong. Our MX rear vents work fine with just one small child sat in the back to trigger them. I presume you have a 6 or 7-seater with the extra rear unit? Reported issues with rear venting are not uncommon on this forum and often traced to missing bits of ducting etc! Probably need to get it checked out by your local SC.

The b pillar has vents for the passengers in the 2nd row. Nothing comes out of them, are you suggesting they are for show?

Tesla said it should work but dependent on passengers being in 2nd row but I’ve sat in there myself and had nothing coming out.

Falcon wing doors. So basically I’m in the back with the doors closed blowersbon full so I could test for myself.

Nothing but a pitiful bit of cold air so small I doubt you could measure it but define thy something as AC was on full belt but then the two vents in the centre were as I’d expect not as fast as the front but decent flow of air from them.

No I have a 5seater[/QUOT
Falcon wing doors. So basically I’m in the back with the doors closed blowersbon full so I could test for myself.

Nothing but a pitiful bit of cold air so small I doubt you could measure it but define thy something as AC was on full belt but then the two vents in the centre were as I’d expect not as fast as the front but decent flow of air from them.

I think this could be an inherent weakness of the 5-seater X. When I was researching the X before buying one I came across a number of threads complaining about poor climate control in the rear of the 5-seater X. The 6 and 7 seater versions both have additional dedicated rear climate control and it was this feature that swung us into paying for the 7-seater. We have never yet used the rear row seats (probably never will) but the rear climate control seems good for our kids in the second row and it has separate rear temperature and fan controls (which I presume you don't have in your 5 seater?).

But still worth getting your service centre to check that your climate control is working properly as there have been no shortage of missing bits of ducting reported in other threads!