Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear jump seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is in the service center now getting the jump seats and I should get it back tomorrow. I asked what the VIN cutoff was and the worker said "6000" - I asked about the 5400 number that was on the forum and he hadn't heard that, he just repeated 6000. He also said that it is technically possible to add the extra crash support for VINs after the cutoff, but that would cost about $6000 extra. On my estimate it says "crossmember installation not required". Will post pics when I get it back.

hmm interesting as I'm 5837! I wonder if I can get it... but I wouldn't want the cheap cloth looking one! Is the one your getting the all-cloth version?

2500 plus tax. The seats themselves were 1500 and the miscellaneous parts and labor was another 1000. I got the quote just before the recent increase, they might be more now.

Wow... I had mine installed and they charged me $4K!!!!
I am in Seattle and have VIN 1836...

Part of me wants to call and ask them WTF? I thought it was really expensive but didn't have another person's to compare to....

They said its taking a little longer than they expected so ETA is now Monday. I guess I'll just have to drive this P85+ for a few more days, poor me.

hmm interesting as I'm 5837! I wonder if I can get it... but I wouldn't want the cheap cloth looking one! Is the one your getting the all-cloth version?

I didn't ask about cloth vs leather, mainly because I was just happy to be getting them at all. As far as the VIN, I have to say that I doubt the changeover was at VIN 6000 exactly, so it's possible that he just had a vague idea of the number and "anything after 6000" may be as specific as he needs to be aware of considering they're at VIN 18000+ now. Definitely worth checking, though.

Part of me wants to call and ask them WTF? I thought it was really expensive but didn't have another person's to compare to....

I don't blame you for asking wtf - did they give you an itemized receipt or estimate? Maybe my price is lower because I might end up with the cloth ones? I'm also curious when you got them installed, because this whole time I was thinking it wasn't possible based on previous posts on this thread.

Did you get them after delivery? If so, $2500 at the new rear seat price plus $1000 for post-factory labor in addition to 9.5% comes to $3832.50. Sounds about right.

Well, I got them and they're the leather ones, too. I'm having trouble getting them to latch to the back seat of the car - they seem to be misaligned. Is that part supposed to be easy or is there some trick to it?

That happens to me when I have the "pit cover" folded up and stored behind the seats' backs. Usually just solve it neanderthal style (applying more force).

Last edited:
That happens to me when have the "pit cover" folded up and stored behind the seats' backs. Usually just solve it neanderthal style (applying more force).

Trnsl8r, I've seen the pics of how to stash the trunk well cover behind the deployed rear-facing seats, but for the life of me I can't get mine to fit (this is independent of getting the seats to latch). Do you have the old or the new style "pit cover" as you call it? I have the new style and mine is too wide (or trunk too narrow) to get it to fit when folded as in the pics. Any tips?

Trnsl8r, I've seen the pics of how to stash the trunk well cover behind the deployed rear-facing seats, but for the life of me I can't get mine to fit (this is independent of getting the seats to latch). Do you have the old or the new style "pit cover" as you call it? I have the new style and mine is too wide (or trunk too narrow) to get it to fit when folded as in the pics. Any tips?

I store mine in the frunk. Coudn't get the cover to fit behind the seats either.

I got my car in December and seats installed in February so I would guess I have the old style (had no idea there were two versions - how do I tell?). It's a snug fit, but I can get it there. They showed me how to do it at the service center when I got the seats.

I got my car in December and seats installed in February so I would guess I have the old style (had no idea there were two versions - how do I tell?). It's a snug fit, but I can get it there. They showed me how to do it at the service center when I got the seats.

The old one has a cardboard type feel, the new one has a hard plastic bottom and is more rigid.

I have the old one and couldn't make it fit so it's in my garage - I rarely close the seats and they fit fairly flush, so no real need for it.

I know for a fact that the cover included in late February deliveries was still the old-style. I have posted photos to the new-style cover in another thread: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ng-Child-Seats?p=378412&viewfull=1#post378412

The old one has a cardboard type feel, the new one has a hard plastic bottom and is more rigid.

I have the old one and couldn't make it fit so it's in my garage - I rarely close the seats and they fit fairly flush, so no real need for it.

OK with that and ken830's pics I can confirm I have the old style cover, but still somehow get it in there.