Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear light clusters, not flush

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
168627EE-176C-4AF7-A74A-65193E9EF595.jpeg
168627EE-176C-4AF7-A74A-65193E9EF595.jpegi have had the “3” for 4 weeks, went in last Wednesday and have both rear light clusters renewed (due to condensation), yesterday I noticed when closing boot lid I noticed that the left side light on the body panel is almost 10mm out from being flush with the light on the boot lid, the other side is almost level with both lights, is that normal on the left side due to charging port

I think that's more the boot is very slightly misaligned. If the left side of the boot was a few mm out, that would align. The light that's a bit set back and the panel is all attached to the boot.

I imagine it was always like this and you only just noticed.

However... I wouldn't worry about it, trying to get that realigned by such a small amount could end up worse.

Many cars have panel issues just like this. Is yours brand new and therefore made in China?

I think that's more the boot is very slightly misaligned. If the left side of the boot was a few mm out, that would align. The light that's a bit set back and the panel is all attached to the boot.

I imagine it was always like this and you only just noticed.

However... I wouldn't worry about it, trying to get that realigned by such a small amount could end up worse.

Many cars have panel issues just like this. Is yours brand new and therefore made in China?
Thanks for response, it’s 10 months old, but to me 4 weeks, probably didn’t notice it before, yes, I was thinking about the realignment could cos more problems, but, the bottom of the left side touches bumper, so I’ve used rubber “screw” to lift in the meantime but throws the alignment with wing out☹️☹️