Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear mud flap install. Screw/nut broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the mud flap without reading this board and ran into this problem and many of you had. The spot weld nut is now broken and screw is stuck.

I removed the cover and could see a round, plastic nut, and could touch it with my fingers but not enough room to put a pliers to hold it why turning the screw.
Someone posted that he used a flathead to exert enough pressure on the nut. That did not work for me. Any other suggestion?
I am also thinking about leaving the screw/nut as is and cut the opening and slide the flap through as suggested by someone here. Would that be enough to hold the flap without being able to tighten the screw?

I just posted in the other 6page thread, but mine is really stuck, and the mobile couldn't get it out either.
I am scheduled to bring it to for service along with other minor stuff.
As to your question, I'm not sure but you should check with your service to see if they can replace this. I mean even if the flaps hold on two pins, this is a build issue IMO, and they should fix it.