Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear parking brake wiring diagram

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the rear parking brake for a Model 3 ? I am doing a 2006 Mustang Model 3 performance conversion using the whole subframe and motor and would like to get the electric parking brake working. There's a company that sells a little box for the Model S conversions but not for the Model 3.

Reactions: DipStick
Official source is here:

Not sure this workaround still works:

edit: Probably not. There's another article at insideevs.com that mentioned Tesla closing this free access.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the rear parking brake for a Model 3 ? I am doing a 2006 Mustang Model 3 performance conversion using the whole subframe and motor and would like to get the electric parking brake working. There's a company that sells a little box for the Model S conversions but not for the Model 3.
The parking brake is just a regular DC motor. You put 12V on the two wires for a few seconds to apply the brake, and reverse the polarity of the wires for a few seconds to release the brake. If you want a schematic from the service manuals, that's easy to obtain. But that won't really help with getting it working. I think the tricky part is knowing how long to apply power to engage and release the brake. Or you could have some way of measuring the current going into the motor so you can detect when it locks up and current spikes.

You are 100% correct. You use a current sensor in the wiring to watch the current as it starts applying the brake pads, the Model S is about 20 amps when it switches off and It then switches the controller to reverse the motor on next drive. I just needed to see the wiring diagram to see if there was any other magic happening anywhere in that system. Of course there's canbus involved in the Model 3 but not in my Mustang build.

Also, Zero I was able to download the Model 3 wiring and Thank you. I said thank you yesterday but I must not of hit post reply because I don't see it here. Again Thank you.