Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear quarter panel + bumper repainting and slight dent

redLamp

Dec 9, 2020
Seattle
Hello,

i backed up and scraped my 2018 red tesla against a pillar recently :( I was told by several body shops the rear quarter panel and bumper would need to be repainted. There’s also a slight dent which would need to be fixed. Estimates from tesla approved shops were 4k-6k (!!). A non certified Tesla shop which does other luxury cars offered to do it for 2.9k.
Is it really that expensive to get a repaint?! Does anyone the cost if the Tesla service center does this?

E58D8C41-5A0E-4789-82EF-2BDD140FC812.jpeg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC