Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear quarter panel damage. Is it worth going through insurance/Tesla certified shop or PDR?

My rear quarter panel on a 21 Model 3 LR was damaged pretty bad. PDR shop is quoting me $3K to fix this.
Based off similar posts, I know Tesla would quote me closer to $8K -$10K. Is it worth going through insurance and taking the hit on my premium? I do not want to take a hit on the resale value, how much do you think this would affect it?
damage 3.jpg

Damage2.jpg

Rear Damange.jpg

Great points and I feel I have to be safe and go insurance, for something this significant.

That said, my friend was moving my car and backed into a parked van (no damage and is not going to file a claim); so I would filed an uninsured motorist property damage claim, correct?

I do have UMPD coverage, with Progressive, and I think that would also make this eligible for diminished value.

Is this the way?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC