Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rear rattle found, now to fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also had the amplifier rattling. Had a mobile service appointment to solve it. Handed the tech a roll of fell tape to put between the amp and mounting bolts the sound was caused by the amp metal mounting taps rubbing on the bolts (despite proper tension). Quiet ever since.

Reactions: Mercedes fan
Removing some of the rear panels is not so intuitive and the amount of force required makes it feel like they are about to break. I would book a mobile service appointment and have them do it given that your vehicle is so new. It gives you a chance to learn by watching as well and that will come in handy in the future.
Ask tech to add felt tape to other known rattle points while he has the panels out. Especially the area between the two panels will likely rattle after more miles. I had a roll of felt tape ready and just gave it to the tech. :)

Removing some of the rear panels is not so intuitive and the amount of force required makes it feel like they are about to break. I would book a mobile service appointment and have them do it given that your vehicle is so new. It gives you a chance to learn by watching as well and that will come in handy in the future.
Ask tech to add felt tape to other known rattle points while he has the panels out. Especially the area between the two panels will likely rattle after more miles. I had a roll of felt tape ready and just gave it to the tech. :)
Cool, thanks for the tip