Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear reflectors replaced with led

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the photo..
$_35.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

and the link...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Lens-Rear-Bumper-Reflector-LED-Tail-Stop-Brake-Light-For-2012-Tesla-Model-S-/131438084505?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e9a520199&vxp=mtr

The problem with these eBay items is that they don't seem to have a reflector incorporated into the design, so there might be a concern there.

The title of the ebay ad clearly claims that the product does act as a reflector, as does the description of the product. Quote:
"2 pieces (a pair) of LED Bumper Reflector Red Lens Tail Stop Brake Light lamp
Brilliant Red color temp. light
Type of Lights: LED Rear bumper tail brake light with red lens reflector for Tesla"

Red Lens Rear Bumper Reflector LED Tail Stop Brake Light for 2012 Tesla Model S | eBay

However, I am not automatically accepting all the claims in the ad. I would only be certain that the product does in fact act as a rear reflector if someone installed it and then posted that it does, with photos.

So who is going to be the first to do so?

I am generally not one to make a lot of aftermarket modifications to my cars, especially if they involve modifying the wiring, but this one looks interesting.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the type of connector you would use to do the installation as described in the ad? Quote: "Connect black / blue wire to brake light negative, white wire to signal / tail light positive and red wire to brake light positive"

Anyone tried these out ?

saw these on ebay

Red Lens Rear Bumper Reflector LED Tail Stop Brake Light For 2012+ Tesla Model S

- - - Updated - - -

Ok... Can't post a link from eBay from my iPad? Maybe someone can help with that... Pictures show it better.

Got mine... Installing soon probably as rear fog lights

- - - Updated - - -

The title of the ebay ad clearly claims that the product does act as a reflector, as does the description of the product. Quote:
"2 pieces (a pair) of LED Bumper Reflector Red Lens Tail Stop Brake Light lamp
Brilliant Red color temp. light
Type of Lights: LED Rear bumper tail brake light with red lens reflector for Tesla"

Red Lens Rear Bumper Reflector LED Tail Stop Brake Light for 2012 Tesla Model S | eBay

However, I am not automatically accepting all the claims in the ad. I would only be certain that the product does in fact act as a rear reflector if someone installed it and then posted that it does, with photos.

So who is going to be the first to do so? 

I am generally not one to make a lot of aftermarket modifications to my cars, especially if they involve modifying the wiring, but this one looks interesting.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the type of connector you would use to do the installation as described in the ad? Quote: "Connect black / blue wire to brake light negative, white wire to signal / tail light positive and red wire to brake light positive"

I can attest they do indeed act as a reflector

Got mine... Installing soon probably as rear fog lights

- - - Updated - - -

I can attest they do indeed act as a reflector

Can you confirm if there are any markings on these like U.S. SAE/DOT or ECE (coded E-#, where E is a number)? Also do they cast the light directly back (i.e. not casting down or up) and are they passable as rear fog lights (brighter than the tail lights)? Are they to be hard wired into the tail lights or is there a switch you can control? Transport Canada has some strict rules.

Thanks in advance!

NoMoGas emailed me stating: "I installed them as rear fog lamps. The Tesla wiring doesn't readily make them easy to install and the lights need to be modified as the housing doesn't fit flush. End result looks great but huge pain to get there."

still would love to see a photo or two!!

NoMoGas emailed me stating: "I installed them as rear fog lamps. The Tesla wiring doesn't readily make them easy to install and the lights need to be modified as the housing doesn't fit flush. End result looks great but huge pain to get there."

still would love to see a photo or two!!

It won't let me add the photos from my iPhone, text me and I can send them to you 424-343-6162