Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Right Door jog down when open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day after I took the car home, I found the rear right door jogged down 1/4" when I opened it. It was very hard to close we had to slam the door, and sometime it wouldn't even close. The seal at the bottom also somewhat loose. I tried to stick it back but it was semi hanging. That was not mention in my due bill during check out but I sent my delivery agent an email within 24 hours of delivery about the issue. When I brought the car in for the due bill fixes, The check in agent went to open the door, and he said that is not a problem. So he didn't put it in to be looked at. I am not a mechanic, but I felt it was something out of alignment. My question are: Is there a problem? Could the door be fixed by itself when we slam it hard enough, long enough? Would the problem get worse? They probably won't fix it 2 months from now. Should I pursue it now?
Here is the video of the jog.

Attachments

• Tesla - Loose seal.jpg
    Tesla - Loose seal.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 64
Using the App, submit a service center ticket and make an appointment to have it fixed. Search for San Diego when you get to that section of the App and select the Kearny Mesa Service Center, they have earlier Appointment then Miramar.

Fred

Using the App, submit a service center ticket and make an appointment to have it fixed. Search for San Diego when you get to that section of the App and select the Kearny Mesa Service Center, they have earlier Appointment then Miramar.

Fred
That's what I did to schedule the due bill list, but he did not think that was an issue.

There is a hinge mechanism on the inside of the door where it swings out from the b pillar. Is that loose?

When I picked up my car last may, I had a very similar issue and the mechanism/hinge was visibly loose. They adjusted and tightened it down no problem.

What? What does that mean?

"Due Bill" was the punch list (at check out) I indicated to the delivery agent that items need to be fixed, like gap, paint issues.

I then schedule an appt via the app on the phone to bring the car in to be fixed. No sure if it is the way other delivery center does.

When I car was brought in, the agent didn't think it was a big deal, so he took it out of the "to be fixed" list.

There is a hinge mechanism on the inside of the door where it swings out from the b pillar. Is that loose?

When I picked up my car last may, I had a very similar issue and the mechanism/hinge was visibly loose. They adjusted and tightened it down no problem.

Thanks for the reply! That is a relief to know it is an easy fix. Not sure why he would remove it from my punch list. Now I have to go back again.