Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Roof Glass Rattling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed this morning while driving home from France that there’s a rattling noise coming from the rear roof glass panel - has anyone else come across this?

It’s stopped doing it since mid day so I was wondering if it’s something to do with the cold (although I never noticed it during the winter snow but I also wasn’t driving along motorways)?

Just wondering if it’s normal before I speak to Tesla (don’t want it flying off or exploding if it’s loose) - had a quick look at the seals and they all seem fine - can’t really see if it’s glued on or actually attached somehow to the car!

I’ve noticed this morning while driving home from France that there’s a rattling noise coming from the rear roof glass panel - has anyone else come across this?

Is it definitely from the glass? More common to come across reports of rattling from the parcel shelf and might be difficult to differentiate. Fingers crossed because that would be an easier fix I would imagine.

Reactions: Alistairuk
Is it definitely from the glass? More common to come across reports of rattling from the parcel shelf and might be difficult to differentiate. Fingers crossed because that would be an easier fix I would imagine.
I’m not entirely sure - it’s definitely a glass rattling sound though - I had pin pointed that it was definitely from behind and above - ruled out the windows by opening them to various levels with no affect on the rattling and then it randomly stopped rattling on its own after a supercharger stop around 11am. Couldn’t see anything odd about the seals a tiny bit in the corner seemed to be sticking up which I’ve pushed back down today when I washed it - also tried randomly pushing on the glass from inside while friend watched to see if there was any movement on outside and nothing…

I went out this morning motorway to see if it reoccurred and it doesn’t seem to be (it’s developed a random driver door window rattle for a bit though before that also stopped)…

I’m going to wait to see if it reoccurs before booking service appointment for it (unless something else breaks) - had the car over a year and it’s first time I noticed it - I had an odd thought that maybe the pressure going through eurotunnel affected it somehow - but I’m sure if that’s an issue there would be plenty of teslas with roofs rattling 😂 given the number that were in the same train!