Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Screen Stays on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After an update earlier this year on my 2021 Refresh S my rear screen stays on, not when off and charging tho, regardless of a rear passenger or not. Is this normal behavior for everyone now or do I need to make a SC appointment?
My rear screen stays on without passengers in the rear, but still says touch to turn in AC. On 2022.4.5.5.

Reactions: boonedocks
My rear screen stays on without passengers in the rear, but still says touch to turn in AC. On 2022.4.5.5.
Thank you for responding. When we first took delivery of our S the rear screen was only on when a butt 🤣was in a rear seat. Now it behaves like yours. On but not active ie AC / Heat / Ventilation unless you press the on/off button on the screen.

Thank you @SoCal Buzz

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Do you have a seat belt buckled in? My buckled in booster seats seem to turn on the rear screen AND music speakers whenever the car wakes up either thru the app, when my phone comes nearby, or when scheduled charging starts.

It's really annoying and I don't know how to submit anything to Tesla about it

My rear screen is on all the time too when car is on. If you have the rear AC off, then it has a little power icon in back (unless have it locked) for passengers to turn on if want. Doesn't seem to be a bad thing that it is on all the time, but would be cool I guess too if only on when someone is sitting in back - agree.

2 times now after I lock the car and everything shuts off, the rear screen
stays on and if music was playing when locked, the rear screen stays on with the music. I assume this is a bug given that if the car is locked and going into sleep everything should be off.

Reactions: jiehan