Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat belt stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

My rear middle seat belt is stuck and won’t loosen (2021 M3 LR). Same as in this Reddit post but not quite as tight -
Does anyone know of a way to release the seat belt? Currently I cannot raise my back seat.

I have a service appointment but can’t raise the seat in the meantime. Hoping I can find a way to release the belt instead of waiting for service.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Same thing happened to me. I tried everything I could think of. I carry a Modern Spare in the car and one day had to lower the seats and push the spare all the way forward to get something in the trunk. When I went to raise the seat the belt was loose again. I assume the weight of the wheel caused the ratcheting mechanism to go just past where it was locked up. Try sitting on the lowered seat and releasing the belt. Good luck.

Same thing happened to me. I tried everything I could think of. I carry a Modern Spare in the car and one day had to lower the seats and push the spare all the way forward to get something in the trunk. When I went to raise the seat the belt was loose again. I assume the weight of the wheel caused the ratcheting mechanism to go just past where it was locked up. Try sitting on the lowered seat and releasing the belt. Good luck.
Thank you for the suggestion. Tried putting weight on it today and unfortunately it didn’t help. Thank you for the advice tho!