TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Rear seat belt unbuckled" with child seat in 2nd row - v8.0

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Gymee, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Gymee

Gymee Member

Like many others, I updated to v8.0 yesterday and a new warning suddenly appeared subsequently. When I get into my car, there's a new warning that says "rear seat belt unbuckled" in one of the locations I have a car seat installed using the LATCH system. I have two other seats installed, one with LATCH in the 3rd row and another with the seat belt in the middle 2nd row. Neither of the others gives the warning. Have others had this and was there a work around short of buckling the seat belt (which would mean the seat would no longer be properly installed)?

2. outie

outie Member

#2 outie, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Have you tried resintalling the car seat? Maybe more or a little less secure? If all else fails I guess you can still buckle the seat belt itself and install car seat on top with latch?

I didn't have any issue with 2 kids on their car seats for the short drive yesterday after the update.

3. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I have a front facing car seat in the 2nd row, drivers side attached via LATCH and rear tether. Updated to v8 yesterday and I do not have a warning on my X, both with the seat occupied or unoccupied.

• Like x 1
  4. Gymee

Gymee Member

I'll try the uninstall and reinstall option

I don't feel good about buckling it as I'm sure the purest would say that wouldn't be a proper install but if I have no other choice, I guess it's a reasonable option.

5. Gymee

Gymee Member

So uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. I took out the child seat and buckled the shoulder strap in and then installed on top of it using LATCH and the warning has gone away. Seats worked as before so it is a solution until they allow you to turn off the warning.