Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Rear seat belt unbuckled" with child seat in 2nd row - v8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many others, I updated to v8.0 yesterday and a new warning suddenly appeared subsequently. When I get into my car, there's a new warning that says "rear seat belt unbuckled" in one of the locations I have a car seat installed using the LATCH system. I have two other seats installed, one with LATCH in the 3rd row and another with the seat belt in the middle 2nd row. Neither of the others gives the warning. Have others had this and was there a work around short of buckling the seat belt (which would mean the seat would no longer be properly installed)?

Have you tried resintalling the car seat? Maybe more or a little less secure? If all else fails I guess you can still buckle the seat belt itself and install car seat on top with latch?

I didn't have any issue with 2 kids on their car seats for the short drive yesterday after the update.

Last edited:
Have you tried resintalling the car seat? Maybe more or a little less secure? If all else fails I guess you can still buckle the seat belt itself and install car seat on top with latch?

I didn't have any issue with 2 kids on their car seats for the short drive yesterday after the update.
I'll try the uninstall and reinstall option

I don't feel good about buckling it as I'm sure the purest would say that wouldn't be a proper install but if I have no other choice, I guess it's a reasonable option.

So uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. I took out the child seat and buckled the shoulder strap in and then installed on top of it using LATCH and the warning has gone away. Seats worked as before so it is a solution until they allow you to turn off the warning.