Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat belt unwanted locking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling this has been discussed before but I am not having any luck turning up useful threads. Is there any fix for lowering the aggressiveness of the back seat belt automatic locking? Not the emergency locking under hard accel/decel but the locking for child car seats. Basically the back seat belts lock even if a passenger just leans forward slightly too fast. Half the time they just give up and don't wear it it is so annoying. I have an early-ish car (2018 LR RWD, VIN<54k). Was there a revision to the ALR units at some point that would make this better?

My model Y 2021 (bought on December 2021) has the same rear seat belt locking issue. So basically, the rear seat belt would lock in place with a sudden movement and it won't release the tension afterwards. In fact, it only gets tighter and tighter on the passenger. It is very frustrating. I have had service appointments two times at the center and three times at home. The tesla service center temporarily fixed the issue by replacing the seat belt retractor on October 2022. However, the same issue came up again. This time, service center was not able to reproduce the issue on site somehow. Have you figure out the cause?

My model Y 2021 (bought on December 2021) has the same rear seat belt locking issue. So basically, the rear seat belt would lock in place with a sudden movement and it won't release the tension afterwards. In fact, it only gets tighter and tighter on the passenger. It is very frustrating. I have had service appointments two times at the center and three times at home. The tesla service center temporarily fixed the issue by replacing the seat belt retractor on October 2022. However, the same issue came up again. This time, service center was not able to reproduce the issue on site somehow. Have you figure out the cause?
No, I have not.