Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat clicking noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 Tesla Model Y clicking noise

Hello! I have an almost brand new 2023 Tesla Model Y long range that since day 1 whenever I accelerate or decelerate I hear a clicking noise. Took it to SC and they said it was contractors and replaced them but the sound is still there. It doesn’t seem to be an electrical problem could it seems when the vehicle is accelerating and decelerating due to the sudden jerk it moves something in the rear to click. Anyone have the same issue? I am sharing a video for you all to hear.

I’d love to hear this. My sound is intermittent and never occurs when I’ve gone to the service center to check it out. To me it sounds like glass shifting and hitting something. There’s another post on here that has a video, sounds exactly like mine. I wonder if you have the same thing going on

Hi, I am noticing that around 50% of the time, there's this strange clicking/ticking noise in my 2023 model Y. It sounds like it's coming from either the roof or the back seat somewhere? I've attached a video here as reference.

Reactions: X-Chris
2023 Tesla Model Y clicking noise

Hello! I have an almost brand new 2023 Tesla Model Y long range that since day 1 whenever I accelerate or decelerate I hear a clicking noise. Took it to SC and they said it was contractors and replaced them but the sound is still there. It doesn’t seem to be an electrical problem could it seems when the vehicle is accelerating and decelerating due to the sudden jerk it moves something in the rear to click. Anyone have the same issue? I am sharing a video for you all to hear.
That is very loud and very repeatable (good news, haha!). My guess is something is rolling around under the seats or in the cavity behind the B or C pillars. A loose object like a bolt or something. I would think you'd be able to identify exactly the area it is in by having someone sit there and listen/locate? Then, it's much easier to explain to a tech where the noise is coming from on a test drive.

Hi, I am noticing that around 50% of the time, there's this strange clicking/ticking noise in my 2023 model Y. It sounds like it's coming from either the roof or the back seat somewhere? I've attached a video here as reference.

I got nothing on the clicking noise, but may I ask what kind of roof lining you've got for the glass roof there?