Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Cover Recommendation (for use with Car Seats)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I'm very likely going to order a Model Y this week! I'm excited. I'd like to protect the rear seats as I'm going to have 3 car seats for kids (ages newborn to 3 years old at the moment) so the back seat area will likely get very messy.

Does anyone know of seat covers that fit the 2nd row rear seats (5 seat configuration, no 3rd row) of the Model Y tightly? I'd like it to look as much like the seats as possible and not like a cover/barrier.

Ideally these seat covers would be some kind of cloth so I can toss them in the washer when they get too messy and ideally, they come in white.

Does such a product exist?

Thanks!
Jared

Hello!

I'm very likely going to order a Model Y this week! I'm excited. I'd like to protect the rear seats as I'm going to have 3 car seats for kids (ages newborn to 3 years old at the moment) so the back seat area will likely get very messy.

Does anyone know of seat covers that fit the 2nd row rear seats (5 seat configuration, no 3rd row) of the Model Y tightly? I'd like it to look as much like the seats as possible and not like a cover/barrier.

Ideally these seat covers would be some kind of cloth so I can toss them in the washer when they get too messy and ideally, they come in white.

Does such a product exist?

Thanks!
Jared
I do not have any experience with these seat covers, but how about something like this:

I personally used the car seat protectors we already owned (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008J3UD2U and https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080HPXHU). For me, the Britax one (the second link) worked better, as I could get a tighter fit, with less slipping, even though the Britax does not afford as much coverage.

There was another post here in the forums, and a few people seemed to like the Munchkin Brica Elite (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7M7BKW/). I tried the Brica, but I found them to be too big to fit two car seats side-by-side.

I bought a basic car seat bench cover in pleather (feels like leather!) at an auto parts store (Canadian Tire up here!!!) but something you'd find a advance auto parts or walmart. I just use the bottom not the seat back, I found that bunched too much and most of the kids crap falls down!

it's not perfect but good protection and I use this under each seat (2)

and for the front backs, this one is the largest of these I could see.

Reactions: Orbsitron
Thanks, everyone! I'm thinking of the Taptes option as it will keep the rear seats looking as close to the factory as possible and still protect the actual seats from the car seats.

I really appreciate all the suggestions and the proven examples, including with up to three car seats (which is in my near future, God willing)!!

Whole thing covered

VIEWPETS Bench Car Seat Cover... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BTPSWC6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
EEE71A5B-8AF1-48AF-A432-46DA69573717.jpeg

What did you end up deciding on? I am 🤞🏻hopefully getting MY delivery in a week. Want to figure an option to protect the back agains our two boys LOL... Also, any ideas about buckle extensions? its incredibly difficult to get the buckles clipped on the M3 so I assume to MY will be the same and I have not been able to find a solution...

What did you end up deciding on? I am 🤞🏻hopefully getting MY delivery in a week. Want to figure an option to protect the back agains our two boys LOL... Also, any ideas about buckle extensions? its incredibly difficult to get the buckles clipped on the M3 so I assume to MY will be the same and I have not been able to find a solution...
I'm not the OP but I wanted to mention the ones I use have held up for over 5 years now. Barely a sign of wear. Also, I suggest researching buckle extenders. They are unsafe, but I suggest researching to obtain your own opinion.

Hello!
Thanks for the pic and the info! just one question, do the seatbelt slits on the cover fit for the model Y back seatbelts? I mean, could I have this cover on and still have 3 kids in the back and use all 3 seat belts?
this is similar to my set up. I just bought a traditional seat cover. you can is in the amazon pic that the middle seat belt is behind the cover. you've have to cut the cover to allow the middle seat belt to be used.

I'll be cutting mine now that we are down to just a booster so we can actually fit a third person in the back lol

thank you so much! good luck ;)
This is the cover we have been using with two boosters and center car seat. It actually has zippers on either side of the center position so no cutting is needed to use the middle seat belt. It has worked perfectly for our rear seat. I put a white bed sheet down on the seat first for added protection against the product bleeding on the seat but it's probably not needed...just me being over cautious.