TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

rear seat / cushion removal with pictures

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by bellwilliam, Apr 16, 2013.

1. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Member

#1 bellwilliam, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    had a hard time removing seats, so took some pictures for future reference..

looks like 2 ways of removing rear cushion:
    1. my way, by force, almost broke the plastic anchor. there are 2 U shaped prongs that's inserted into 2 plastic white thingie (see red arrow)
    2. remove steel frame along with seat bottom. there are 6 hex nuts (see green arrow) holding it.

sorry pictures couldn't be better.
    there is probably a thread somewhere showing easy way, but I couldn't find one.

see those blue masking tape ? it was there :)

Attached Files:

• 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      53 KB
      Views:
    • photo 5.JPG
      photo 5.JPG
      File size:
      82.7 KB
      Views:
    • big.jpg
      big.jpg
      File size:
      500.3 KB
      Views:
  2. scriptacus

scriptacus Member

Did you happen to notice if the seat belt receivers are adjustable? I have an issue with one of mine being misaligned, and because it is so flush with the seat surface it slips underneath cloth grommet and become incredibly hard to buckle. I've seen other pictures of Model S where the receivers stick out 0.5".

3. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Member

sorry, don't look like it is adjustable. at least from the buckle itself

Attached Files:

• belt.JPG
      belt.JPG
      File size:
      128.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Banahogg

Banahogg Member

Looking at those it's somewhat surprising that adding the second charger after delivery is $2100 of labor...

bellwilliam, if you don't mind me asking, what's your goal in getting under the seats?

5. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Member

#5 bellwilliam, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    there is a loud whine from motor/gear at ~70MPH, there is a thread on this issue. I thought about applying sound absorbing mats (~dynamat) to quiet it.

6. William13

William13 Member

The service tech took 6 hours to pull out the rear seat and replace, not add, a second charger. I can see the big $2100 labor charge. $250 an hour with 8 plus hours.

7. Lukez

Lukez Member

Has anyone installed the cushion back in? Should it just snap back into the white clips? It looks like there is a white plastic part in the way. Should the white clips be removed and installed on the cushion first before pushing back down?

8. jstack6

jstack6 Member

I can't even get the seat to lift a little to get at the hex bolts??? We have a problem in the High Voltage Junction box but I can't get to it.