Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rear seat / cushion removal with pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
had a hard time removing seats, so took some pictures for future reference..

looks like 2 ways of removing rear cushion:
1. my way, by force, almost broke the plastic anchor. there are 2 U shaped prongs that's inserted into 2 plastic white thingie (see red arrow)
2. remove steel frame along with seat bottom. there are 6 hex nuts (see green arrow) holding it.

sorry pictures couldn't be better.
there is probably a thread somewhere showing easy way, but I couldn't find one.

see those blue masking tape ? it was there :)

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 2,645
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 2,582
  • big.jpg
    big.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 2,918
Last edited:
Did you happen to notice if the seat belt receivers are adjustable? I have an issue with one of mine being misaligned, and because it is so flush with the seat surface it slips underneath cloth grommet and become incredibly hard to buckle. I've seen other pictures of Model S where the receivers stick out 0.5".

Did you happen to notice if the seat belt receivers are adjustable? I have an issue with one of mine being misaligned, and because it is so flush with the seat surface it slips underneath cloth grommet and become incredibly hard to buckle. I've seen other pictures of Model S where the receivers stick out 0.5".

sorry, don't look like it is adjustable. at least from the buckle itself

Attachments

• belt.JPG
    belt.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 2,356
Has anyone installed the cushion back in? Should it just snap back into the white clips? It looks like there is a white plastic part in the way. Should the white clips be removed and installed on the cushion first before pushing back down?

Just an update on this older thread - I removed it in about 5 minutes. Do not pull up on the seat cushion on the rear side (where it meets seat back) or you can bend something!

Step 1: take two larger flathead screwdrivers and insert them on each side of the "grommet box" that holds the rear seat in place. This is 12" in from each door where the seat meets the carpet. If you run your finger you will feel them and the slot on each side. That slot is for a grommet tool but mine didn't work so I just used the trusty old flathead. Turn the screw driver so the flathead hits the bottom of the very large white grommet (you can see it if you bent down and peer into the crack and pullling the bottom of the cushion away a bit). Use a light folks...makes it much easier to see and get your bearings on this. The screwdrivers will be one under the other most likely but doesnt matter.

Step 2: use knee to be pushing down on one and your hand down on the other. you will feel it when you are under that hard plastic grommet...and did i mention its ewwwggggg.

Step 3: At the same time as pushing down, use your free hand to pull up on the seat bottom right in between where the screw drivers are. It sometimes takes a few tries...or maybe a few more than that....but one you get one you will get the few for it.

Step 4: Do second grommet on other side and the seat bottom pops right out.

as always, use patience. It will come. Good luck.

Attachments

• STEP 1.jpg
    STEP 1.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 819
  • STEP 2.jpg
    STEP 2.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 794
  • STEP 3.jpg
    STEP 3.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 797
  • STEP 4.jpg
    STEP 4.jpg