Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat footwell depth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the footwells in the Model S back seats less deep than other cars? When riding in the back of my test drive model earlier, it seemed like my feet were higher up in the MS than in most other cars. Is that the battery-pack creating a thicker base-plate, or was I just dreaming it?

Are the footwells in the Model S back seats less deep than other cars? When riding in the back of my test drive model earlier, it seemed like my feet were higher up in the MS than in most other cars. Is that the battery-pack creating a thicker base-plate, or was I just dreaming it?

Since the floor of the cabin is perfectly flat (the battery pack is underneath the cabin, not in it), what you're really asking is if the seat height is lower than other cars. This is just a SWAG, but given the S body design's emphasis on aerodynamics (which requires minimizing frontal surface area and thus limiting max cabin height) and the diminishing cabin height under the sloping rear roof, I'd say the seat is probably a little lower than some other cars as the result of a design compromise between providing adequate headroom and maintaining a 'normal' seat height.