Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Heaters Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d rather have auto brights than heated rear seats.

I do not want the car deciding when to turn on the bright lights and blinding the on-coming drivers!

bring forth the summon… and the wifi… and the ability to actually use the right scroll wheel for something (preferably autopilot speed and distance)

YES!

What I really want is the latest autopilot update (that my S90D just got) that actually drives the car in the middle of the lane, easily handles curves, and is pretty darn smooth at TACC including stop and start (when following another vehicle). The current EAP code in my 3 is the old bad version.

Once you've driven the new nice AP its just impossible to go back to the old glitches and scary steering.

Come on Tesla........ update us!!

Yes yes yes! I want that update!!!

Sure the passengers have a way.... "Hey driver! Turn my heated seat on!" ;)

"Okay bud, your choice: You can have a cold bum, or I can take my eyes off the road for a couple of minutes while I go through the screen menus to find and turn on your heated seats. Your choice."

"Uhhhhh, that's all right. Please don't bother."

• Funny
Reactions: R.S and pilotSteve
While nice to have heated rear seats, it's odd that rear passengers have no way to turn them on/off themselves. I don't see them getting much use.

Yeah it seems impractical, but if you have children on the back seats on a longer trip in winter, you can either let them freeze, or blow range on heating the cabin.

I know, you will probably have to readjust every 5 minutes, to keep them happy, but in terms of driving range it will be worth it.

I do not want the car deciding when to turn on the bright lights and blinding the on-coming drivers!

YES!

Yes yes yes! I want that update!!!

"Okay bud, your choice: You can have a cold bum, or I can take my eyes off the road for a couple of minutes while I go through the screen menus to find and turn on your heated seats. Your choice."

"Uhhhhh, that's all right. Please don't bother."

Ok with the car steering you into a truck, but not with blinding others?

I guess different people have different priorities...

In my experience auto high beams work great.

Ok with the car steering you into a truck, but not with blinding others?

Apparently you didn't read the part that says THIS IS NOT A SELF-DRIVING CAR. The owner's manual shouts it until it's blue in the face. Tesla repeats it at every opportunity. You're suppose to stay alert when using the BETA driver-assist features. If you take your hands off the wheel and close your eyes in this or any other car you will probably die. Only in this car it will take a few minutes more before it happens because the car can sort of steer itself more or less under ideal conditions.

This car will NOT suddenly wrest control away from you and drive itself into a truck. To get this car to drive itself into a truck you have to follow a very precise set of instructions: First you have to enable the BETA traffic-aware cruise control and the BETA autosteer functions from the screen. Then you have to be on a road with clearly marked lanes and initiate auto-steer by pressing firmly down on the shifter stalk twice in rapid succession. Then you have to ignore the car's warning to keep your hands on the wheel and remain alert, and you have to either close your eyes, turn away from the road, or simply ignore when there's an obstacle. And even then the chances are small that you'll hit a truck, but those are the procedures you'd have to follow. And if you do follow them, then you've been an idiot and should never have been given a driver's license in the first place.

Please let me repeat, for anyone who didn't get the message: THIS IS NOT A SELF-DRIVING CAR. When you drive this car YOU are the driver and YOU are responsible. It does have some driver-assist features that some people find helpful.

Apparently you didn't read the part

Can haz Humorz?

Sorry. On another forum I'm on, there's a character who's constantly bashing Tesla AP for killing some moron who thought AP was FSD in spite of all the warnings. And more recently, somebody drove into the back of a fire truck, though I don't know if that was an ordinary accident, or another case of misuse of AP. Fortunately nobody was hurt that time. There are Tesla-haters out there who keep insisting that these cars are death traps. I don't know if R.S is one of these, or if, as you suggest, he was joking. If he was joking, I apologize for taking it seriously. If he was not joking, I am tired of luddites bashing Tesla because they fear the loss of the American dream of a gas-guzzling muscle car for every teenager.

The internet meme of "Tesla cars will kill you" is harmful and needs to be opposed wherever it rears its ugly head. Equally, the opposing meme of "AP is FSD" is just as harmful and also needs to be corrected wherever it rears its ugly head as well.

Reactions: SageBrush
Hey so my last two updates failed and just received another and I used AP today for the first time in weeks and noticed a remarkable difference! Noticed lane changes were much more smooth and it was not acting erratic. I looked at the update notes and it did not mention anything about AP?
When there are incremental EAP updates (by that I mean improvements of existing features and not new additional features) the update notes typically do not mention anything about them.

I just received the latest update in my X, which is 2018.10.4, the one with the significant EAP improvements like you describe in your post. I had not read about any Model 3 owner getting those same EAP improvements. Maybe I missed it. Check other threads in the Model 3 forums, like this one Model 3 Software Updates

Note that @kbecks13 is asking if any Model 3 owners have received firmware version 2018.10. I don’t own a 3 and don’t know what the current firmware version number is. What does your car show for the version number?

When you post about an update but don’t post the number of the update you have, confusion may ensue...

Reactions: daniel
Hello everyone,

I just took delivery of my new Tesla model 3 SR+ right before the end of June-2019. I did get the latest software update installed and today I realized that I still have all three back seat heater controls available under climate settings. I also did try turning all three of them on and they all seem to work.

Do you know if this will be permanent? or will Tesla take it away from me in future software updates? Does anyone else have this same feature still on?

Hello everyone,

I just took delivery of my new Tesla model 3 SR+ right before the end of June-2019. I did get the latest software update installed and today I realized that I still have all three back seat heater controls available under climate settings. I also did try turning all three of them on and they all seem to work.

Do you know if this will be permanent? or will Tesla take it away from me in future software updates? Does anyone else have this same feature still on?
Unfortunately Tesla will likely take it away. Similar to how SR owners had their additional features taken away.

Normally I'd say enjoy it while you can, but .... In California summer, I don't know why anyone would turn on heated seats now. By the time winter rolls around, Tesla would have taken away the feature.

Unfortunately Tesla will likely take it away. Similar to how SR owners had their additional features taken away.

Normally I'd say enjoy it while you can, but .... In California summer, I don't know why anyone would turn on heated seats now. By the time winter rolls around, Tesla would have taken away the feature.

Yes, I figured. I know we don't use it much in California but I always thought the rear middle seat coverage was kind of "cool" hahaha. Well thanks for the info! I'll update this thread and let you know when Tesla takes it away from me :(

Has my model 3 SR+ for two weeks. Loving it...they showed me all the features when I picked up my car, including seat heats on every seat. Suddenly I don’t have it. Any one else experience this?
I just lost mine too with the last update. When I got my car I was told that those come with the partial premium interior for the standard plus, but not the standard. Idk why they took them away. After I bought my car like a month later they dropped the price by 1000$ and got rid of fog lights and rear seat heaters. Either give me back my 1000 or my seat heaters, which I were told were included in my car.

I am still amazed why Model 3 doesn't get a heated steering wheel but they get rear seat heaters. Which of the two features do folks think will get used more?

For me, it's a heated steering wheel. Back seats get used once or twice a year, and even if used more you still need a driver.