Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat iPad / Tablet mount, centered, solid.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a Model Y and I can't find something that I am happy with, I am trying to mount an iPad mini for my daughters to watch but I only want to mount one, in the center, so far i see that there are suction mounts or behind the seat, clip style mounts. The suction cup on the roof seems to be the closest to what I'm looking for but, number 1, I don't like that, #2 its probably wobbly, #3 blocks rear visibility, #4 I can see that flying off into my daughter's face in case of an accident, and more importantly, I DONT LIKE IT!
Does anyone share this feeling? I was hoping I could mount something to the headrest posts but well, you know... those are not exposed. Maybe something that bolts on to the seat tracks? or maybe that attaches to the center console somehow? I'd even be willing to drill into some plastic if that was an option but I don't see anything like that either

I was hoping I could mount something to the headrest posts but well, you know... those are not exposed. Maybe something that bolts on to the seat tracks? or maybe that attaches to the center console somehow? I'd even be willing to drill into some plastic if that was an option but I don't see anything like that either
I like to seat on the back to work or study, and I use a plastic tray (that was previously part of a desk but I never installed it).

I just put the tray on my laps and find it very practical to have when writing notes on a notepad or when using a laptop.
When I don't use it, I put it in the pocket of the back of the front seat. This is similar to this tray:

keyboard-tray-plain.jpg

I would recommend looking at AliExpress, there are many type of folding trays, or this one, and so on.
There is even an integrated tray inside the back of the front seat, like in an airplane but cost about $500.

So I couldn’t find a solution so I made one.
Here are some bad pictures. I’ll get better ones later.
It’s basically a 1” ball mount system so attachments are abundant

Attachments

• 9CF3E9BB-B443-45A7-AD61-6DA2C8DC4E7A.jpeg
    9CF3E9BB-B443-45A7-AD61-6DA2C8DC4E7A.jpeg
    540.8 KB · Views: 1,919
  • EA369711-F707-46E0-B83A-1507CA65BEFC.jpeg
    EA369711-F707-46E0-B83A-1507CA65BEFC.jpeg
    432.3 KB · Views: 896
I just got a Model Y and I can't find something that I am happy with, I am trying to mount an iPad mini for my daughters to watch but I only want to mount one, in the center, so far i see that there are suction mounts or behind the seat, clip style mounts. The suction cup on the roof seems to be the closest to what I'm looking for but, number 1, I don't like that, #2 its probably wobbly, #3 blocks rear visibility, #4 I can see that flying off into my daughter's face in case of an accident, and more importantly, I DONT LIKE IT!
Does anyone share this feeling? I was hoping I could mount something to the headrest posts but well, you know... those are not exposed. Maybe something that bolts on to the seat tracks? or maybe that attaches to the center console somehow? I'd even be willing to drill into some plastic if that was an option but I don't see anything like that either
Did you find a solution ? I'm strugglonh with the same issue 😂