Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rear seat protector for pets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a seat cover for the back seat that also allows for use of one of the back seats by an adult? I am looking to travel with my wife, my 16 yr old son and our small dog, and I really don't want him scratching up the seats. (my son or the dog. :) )

Most of the pet specific covers look like they cover up the seat belts?

The tesla one is extremely plushy, and the fit is very conforming. I had one from EVAnnex and I wasn’t too happy with it because my pup would end up trying to look up front and he would lose his footing on the edge of the rear seat and fall into the hanging portion of the cover quite often.

Essentially these pet covers are all hammock style, where they are suspended from the headrests (front & back) so there is an area behind the driver and passenger seat that just hangs with no bottom support.

The reason I went with the tesla one was because of the included side cover panels for the doors. The EVAnnex one did not have them and left the doors exposed. If you’re getting one on Amazon, I’d recommend one with the side panels that zip up. Also recommend the ones that use a full headrest cover instead of just a strap for attachment.