Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat rattle noise on Plaid.. Solution Found!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Plaid started making a rattle noise from the rear seats after I put them up from the fold down position. I tried securing all the panels and doors but could not figure it out.. After some thought, I realized the upper rear seat was rattling withing the locking latch. I folded down the seat and grabbed the U shaped latch on the car frame that the seat locks into.. I pulled hard on it upward to give it a very slight tilt. Folded the seat back up and it locked in more snuggly.. after that.. the noise was gone..

Others may get this noise if the fold their rear seats up and down a bunch.. so just give the latch a good pull and she should sit tighter and not rattle anymore..

Cheers!

Yea! that would work also.. The U latch just sits too loose inside the locking mechanism.. A few taps of a hammer or a really hard pull on it upwards adjusted mine just enough to create a really snug lock.. I dont foresee it being an issue again. My worry w the electrical tape method is that it would wear down and cause the issue to re-occur... a little brute force adjustment worked for me so far :)

Last edited:
My Plaid started making a rattle noise from the rear seats after I put them up from the fold down position. I tried securing all the panels and doors but could not figure it out.. After some thought, I realized the upper rear seat was rattling withing the locking latch. I folded down the seat and grabbed the U shaped latch on the car frame that the seat locks into.. I pulled hard on it upward to give it a very slight tilt. Folded the seat back up and it locked in more snuggly.. after that.. the noise was gone..

Others may get this noise if the fold their rear seats up and down a bunch.. so just give the latch a good pull and she should sit tighter and not rattle anymore..

Cheers!
I just unlatched it again, and slammed it back up and the rattle went away. I'll look at the electrical tape idea for a real solution.

You might find some very thing tubing that would go over it. Maybe almost like RC airplane fuel hose (depending on motor size). You likely don't need to wrap it all the way around. The tubing is very thin walled and likely would hold up longer than tape or Velcro.

Cheers!

Cheers!
My guy just bought a Tesla S Plaid.. needless to say, he LOVES it, even more than his Ferrari. But he had some rattling from the backseat. I haven’t noticed it in my Model 3, so I didn’t know how to help. But I read him your post & he’s pumped to try it b4 he had to send it in to Tesla. TY