Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Screen - How to Start A Movie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am embarassed to ask, but I have not been able to figure out, how to start a movie / show in the back seat for our young son.... I'll explain further by using an example. I sit in the rear seat and select a YouTube video, who doesn't like Blippy... :). The show starts, I leave the rear seat, close the door. Then try to get into the drivers seat .... The show stops in the rear seat as soon as I open drivers door.

The only workaround I could come up with is, open drivers door first & leave open. Move to back seat, start the show. Close back door. Go back to drivers door (which is still open) and get in... There has to be a better way than what I have come up with, but I'm not able to figure it out.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Pete

P.S. Tesla couldn't release a fix to use headphones for the rear seat screen fast enough. I am all Blipp'd out....

• Funny
Reactions: leonwu
Hello,

I am embarassed to ask, but I have not been able to figure out, how to start a movie / show in the back seat for our young son.... I'll explain further by using an example. I sit in the rear seat and select a YouTube video, who doesn't like Blippy... :). The show starts, I leave the rear seat, close the door. Then try to get into the drivers seat .... The show stops in the rear seat as soon as I open drivers door.

The only workaround I could come up with is, open drivers door first & leave open. Move to back seat, start the show. Close back door. Go back to drivers door (which is still open) and get in... There has to be a better way than what I have come up with, but I'm not able to figure it out.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Pete

P.S. Tesla couldn't release a fix to use headphones for the rear seat screen fast enough. I am all Blipp'd out....
Yeah I actually noticed this issue also while installing screen protectors on both screens. I put the screens into screen clean mode from front seat, shut the drivers door to get to the back seat to install my screen protector back there and the screen clean mode shut off. Workaround was to leave one of the doors open when going from front to back seat. Kinda annoying