Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Sensor Not Working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a car seat in the rear of our Model Y. We do not see the seatbelt warning like we do in my 3 so we can click the card to switch to child seat mode. Seems like this would be good but we would like it to work as intended so the car knows there is a baby there in case it deploys air bags differently. Also, the rear climate control will only stay on if it registers someone sitting in the rear. Since it is not registering, we have to turn the rear climate on every time we get in the car with our baby in the back. We’d rather have it stay active all the time.

Is there a simple sensor or wire that could be unplugged somewhere? I plan to remove the seat bottom later today but was hoping someone could point out the location of the seat sensors/wires to guide me as I know there are a lot of other wires under the seat that I shouldn’t mess with. Hopefully it is an easy fix and not one the requires a service appointment.

Thanks.

Here are some pics. L, C, R
1BA15054-7AEF-49D2-81B4-298F2D3F46D8.jpeg

DA33B999-B641-4462-BD7E-1801DBDF11B7.jpeg

B7CB4179-F803-4913-ADD0-9E5BA3ED31A3.jpeg

The little black connectors with two,wires leading to the square boxes with ribbons that disappear into the seats look like maybe weight sensors? And the large white, blue and white connectors are maybe for seat heaters? Looks like larger wiring which I would guess is needed for the heaters. Very thing appears plugged into properly including the main connector on the drivers side (disconnected in this pic to fully flip the seat up).

Am I missing something?

To follow up on my issue, tech said he was able to get the other side of the seat to register but he had to almost jump up and down to get the one under the car seat to register so he thinks the sensor is faulty. The sensors are not field changeable so the solution is to replace the whole seat bottom.